Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Climbing in Stockholm

I have spent the last weeks mainly climbing outdoors in Stockholm.

Mental preparation.
Most of the time I have been with friends at Flaten, which is not the most beautiful rock but the climbing is fun. The cliff has become quite popular after it was rebolted and some easier routes were established. It is inspiring to see so many people (no matter ability) pushing themselves on the rock.

I am nothing without my shoes and chalk bag!

I am very pleased with my own climbing and I managed to do quite a few of the classic routes. The finger feels good but I have had to turn down a couple of routes because the holds were too harsh on the finger. Not a big deal, you can always try them again later :D 

Maybe I should have stretched my hips a bit more!?!



My friend Olle and I also spent a couple of days climbing trad at Grönbrinksberget. On our first visit we were lucky with the weather and got to climb quite a few lines. However, the second time all the routes were soaked and there was even a short thunderstorm. Anyway, it was a good (and scary) experience to lead on your own gear when water is dripping down the wall. 


On Friday I am flying to Chamonix for some alpine adventure. So the bags are fully packed with tent, crampons, cams, ropes and much more. I am excited to spend some time in the mountains. 

//Oscar

1 comment: