Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chamonix

I have been dreaming to go alpine climbing in Chamonix for years. Last week I finally got my chance when I arrived in the small valley. I was also joined by some amazing people, which made this trip even better.

Beautiful scenery 
We had very warm weather with a lot of sunshine and no wind; something most people enjoy. I however am different, and prefer colder weather with some wind... At least the weather did not interfere with our plans.

Olle belaying Annika
During the week, our guide, Martin, introduced us to all kinds of techniques required to stay safe on the mountains. He took us to incredible places! Most of the time we were alone alpine climbing. We barely met other climbers. I know for sure I will come back!

Bouldering with the team
 As we returned down to the valley after three consecutive days on the mountain, we got the chance to meet up with climbers from the Swedish Team (and Danish).

//Oscar

2 comments: